Our best of series, collates our favourite and most popular resources around a single topic.
This collection: The Changing Earth for a range of year levels studying Earth and Space Sciences, or as introductory material for Earth and Environmental Science. The collection also incorporates resources linked with the three cross-curricular priorities: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures; Asia and Australia’s Engagement with Asia; and Sustainability.
Australian Curriculum Connection – Earth and Space Sciences: The Earth’s Surface and Resources
- Year 4 – Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human activity ACSSU075
- Year 6 – Sudden geological changes and extreme weather events can affect Earth’s surface ACSSU096
- Year 8 – Sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks contain minerals and are formed by processes that occur within Earth over a variety of timescales ACSSU153
- Year 9 – The theory of plate tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity and continental movement ACSSU180
- Year 10 – Global systems, including the carbon cycle, rely on interactions involving the biosphere, lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere ACSSU189
- Senior Years – Earth and Environmental Science
Cross Curricular Priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Asia and Australia’s Engagement with Asia
These collection of resources may be useful for a range of students, including those looking to secure their basic knowledge and understanding before digging deeper.
Each article and activity should take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
Login or Sign up for FREE to bookmark this resource for future use. Once bookmarked you will find it on your My Favourites page.